We now live in a world where sex is as regular as heading out to the movies. Even teens as young as fifteen years old know the principle of premarital sex. And possibilities are, a lot of adolescents aged 15 to 19 are currently sexually active. It is since we take sex so lightly that the rate of accidental pregnancies are going higher and higher up the charts.
While we’re on the topic of being permissive enough to overlook teenage sex, consider this: Do these teenagers know what contraceptives are? Do they know which ones to utilize and how to appropriately utilize it? This article will help kids comprehend contraception more.
What is birth control and how does birth control work?
Contraception is a set of actions, gadgets, medications used for the sole function of preventing conception or pregnancy. It operates in three ways:
- It avoids the regular monthly release of an egg cell (ovum) from the ovaries throughout menstruation.
- It thickens the cervical mucus lining so that sperm cells would not be able to swim and sign up with an ovum.
- It alters lining of the uterus to make implantation of a fertilized egg hard.
What are the different birth control types available?
There are natural approaches of birth control. These do not need the aid of any gadget of medication. The natural approach of birth control includes:
- Abstaining. This needs an individual to completely abstain from participating in sexes of any type.
- Withdrawal. This needs the man to pull his penis out of his partner’s vaginal area prior to he reaches his climax and ejaculates.
- Sexual outercourse. It allows sexual gratification by means of non-penetrative sex. It may remain in the type of foreplay or masturbation.
- Fertility awareness. This approach permits couples to determine a female’s safe and hazardous periods by means of cautious recording of the woman’s basal body temperature level, her first and last day of menstruation, and the consistency of her vaginal mucous secretions.
The barrier method of contraception consists of:
- Male prophylactic. It is a latex or polyurethane rubber cylinder worn on the man’s penis to block sperm from going into the partner’s body.
- Female prophylactic. It is a thin sheath or pouch used to line the vaginal area to collect sperm climaxed by a man throughout sex.
- Cervical cap. It is a barrier constructed of either latex or silicone which is put over the cervix to prevent sperm from entering the female reproductive system.
- Diaphragm. It works much like the cervical cap.
The hormone contraception method consists of:
- Oral contraceptive pills. These are tablets that contain artificial versions of the female hormonal agents estrogen and progesterone which intend to stabilize a female’s hormonal agent level to prevent ovulation.
- Injectables. It is a progestin-only service that is injected to prevent ovulation for three months.
- Hormone patches. It is a thin, 2in by 2 in patch that slowly releases hormones into the body within the span of a week prior to it is changed.
- Contraception implants. It is a thin flexible plastic rod to be placed under the skin of the upper arm of the lady to slowly launch synthetic hormonal agents into the body within the span of a year prior to it is replaced.
The intra-uterine device (IUD) is a T-shaped rod placed inside the uterus to developed a localized inflammation so that the bodies auto-immune system will produce white blood cells to repair the infection and in turn kill sperm cells that get within the area of the swelling.
Choosing the very best contraception method to utilize is a serious matter. Consult your doctor to know more about the various risks and benefits of these contraceptive methods before picking one to utilize.